Insuring Vacant Properties


Vacant houseIt seems these days that more and more people are buying up second—or third—homes to rent out.  What a great way to build up a nest egg for retirement!

But sometimes that egg has a couple of cracks in its shell.  On the surface, being a landlord seems like an easy job, doesn’t it?  You pick up a home—let’s say at a tax sale—fix it up a little, dab a little paint on the walls…and suddenly you’re in business!  However, it isn’t exactly that easy…  Many times, the repairs can be extensive—and expensive!  Homes must be brought up to the local rental code and equipped with working appliances, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers.  Sometimes a new roof is called for, or new windows and doors.  And sometimes that work can take a while to complete.

What happens to your nest egg if something happens to the house before the repairs are completed and you can insure the home as a rental?  What happens if a tree comes down on the new roof you just paid for?  Or what if a tornado came along and blew the neighbor’s patio chair through one of those new windows? 

These days, it’s very easy to insure a house that is being readied to rent or sell.  All you need to do is call Overton Insurance at 205-970-5523 and tell us you’d like to insure a vacant house that will soon turn into a tenant-occupied house.  We have great prices for insurance on vacant houses—policies that can even be endorsed to cover your house once you get a tenant.  You can arrange to pay monthly, quarterly, or by the year, whatever suits you best.  Then you’ll have peace of mind when the winds start to blow, knowing your nest egg is covered!

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019

View Mobile Version

Fill out the form below to get started with an insurance quote