Rental Property Insurance
Rental Property Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Rental Property Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Rental Property Insurance Information
Who needs insurance on a rental house?
A person who owns a home occupied by a:
- Tenant--someone who pays rent for the use of the home
- Friend or family member (whether or not paying rent)
- Anyone other than the owner
What coverages are available for a rental house?
- Coverage on the building
- Coverage on landlord's contents, if any
- Liability coverage--if someone got hurt on the property, the owner would be sued
- Landlord personal liability--protection when a tenant sues the landlord for wrongful eviction, defamation of character, etc.
- Loss of rents--if a tenant has to move out because of a covered loss, the owner would receive a portion of the rents not collected
Who needs insurance on a vacant house?
- Owns an unoccupied rental house
- Bought a house that needs remodeling before it can be occupied
- Owns an unoccupied house that is up for sale
- Inherited a house that is presently unoccupied.
- Owns an unoccupied home due to moving to a nursing home
Most homeowners' policies have a very limited amount of time they will cover a vacant house. Check your policy!
What coverages are available for a vacant house policy?
- Liability coverage--if someone got hurt on the property, the owner could be sued
How can I buy insurance?
- Over the phone
- In the office by appointment
- In person (we come to you!)
Call us toll-free at 800-239-6124.
We go the extra mile!