Who needs insurance on a vacant house?
- Owns an unoccupied rental house
- Bought a house that needs remodeling before it can be occupied
- Owns an unoccupied house that is up for sale
- Inherited a house that is presently unoccupied.
- Owns an unoccupied home due to moving to a nursing home
Most homeowners' policies have a very limited amount of time they will cover a vacant house. Check your policy!
What coverages are available for a vacant house policy?
- Liability coverage--if someone got hurt on the property, the owner could be sued